2016 Goals

by - January 01, 2016

2016 is finally here. As you guys could probably tell in my last post, the last few months have been tough for me, so I'm looking forward to turning things around this year. I'm not one to make resolutions. By definition, a resolution is a solution to a problem. I don't see myself as a problem so why resolve to fix me? Instead, I like to set goals for myself. In fact, I set goals on a daily basis it seems like. They're not always big and elaborate; sometimes they're as simple as crossing a specific item off of my to-do list for the day (it's a lot harder than you think when you have kids!).

My biggest goal for 2016 is to take more time for myself - whether it's to take more bubble baths, read more or set aside more time for blogging. The last few months I've done a lot of giving of myself, and that's not a bad thing, but it's left very little time for me, and that isn't good. What it all boils down to is this -- I can't be fully there for my daughter, my husband, my family, friends and coworkers if I'm not mentally okay, if I'm not happy with who I am when I'm by myself.

Obviously my other top goals for the year are to be the best mother and wife that I can be.

Also on my list of goals for 2016 - continuing to grow this blog. Starting today (Jan. 1), you'll see that I've rebranded things around here. Welcome to "Mommy, the Journalist." I'm excited to start incorporating more personal posts, mostly about my journey through motherhood. Of course I will continue posting about the journalism industry and sharing my thoughts/insight/behind-the-scenes experiences here, as well.

 Thank you all for sticking with me through 2015 and I hope you'll continue to follow along with my adventures in mommyhood and journalism in 2016.

And special thanks to my friend, Savannah, for custom designing my new header. Savannah is a very talented artist. You can check out more of her work here - http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/.

Happy New Year!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, dear Ashton! Happy New Year!

    Savannah did a terrific job with your new header. I love the beautiful artwork, the new name of your blog and the fact that you intend to discuss aspects of your personal life along with your professional life.

    I have the same goal this year - making more time for my family and for having a life. It makes me very happy to know that you and I have been "together" all these years. I am eager to follow your journey through 2016 and I cordially invite you to follow mine.

    Once again, happy new year to you, dear Ashton!

    ReplyDelete