Sh*t Crazy Newsroom Callers Say

by - July 29, 2014

I've taken just about every type of phone call you can take at a TV station ... or so I thought. There's a first time for everything...

Caller: I'm calling because I was at a county commission meeting and I don't believe your reporter is covering the story fairly.

(note: the meeting had ended maybe 20 minutes before he called)

Me: With all due respect, the story hasn't even been written yet. How do you know the coverage isn't fair?

Caller: Your reporter kept turning his camera off.

Me: How do you know that?

Caller: Well, he kept setting it down. And he only recorded what the commission chairman was saying.

Me: Sir, again, the story hasn't aired yet so how can it be unfair?

Note: When the story aired, the sound was from the person who called.

You May Also Like

0 comments